Thursday, June 12, 2014

Ormond Milk

The title of this blog is most likely making you search the word "Ormond". Before google decides to bring up 1 million things related to ormond, I will answer that for you. Ormond Milk is what my son calls Almond Milk. "Dad, I want ceero with ormond milk" is exactly how he says it. 

I decided to switch to Ormond Milk not because I hate all things dairy, but because I was able to drink it while on my contest diet (NPC Physique Competition). The unsweetened version does not have much of a taste and the consistency is almost like milk... almost. It tastes great when mixed with other items, however a tall glass of ormond milk is not delicious. 

I'm learning that what I eat, my son eats. I ate yogurt, he began wanting yogurt. I stopped eating yogurt and mid way through his yogurt he decided he no longer wanted yogurt. Even though we bought several extra containers just for him. It's ok though, he likes ice cream. So we usually freeze the yogurt then mix in a blender with some ormond milk (you didn't think that was going away did you?). 

If you are now headed to the store to grab some ormond milk, be sure it's pure. Some brands use soy milk as a blend with ormond milk. I prefer it pure and I've found the "unsweetened vanilla" flavor to be the best. 


LiftingDad Recipe:
8 oz. Ormond Milk
1 container Yogurt (Kroger Greek Lite is great, be sure to freeze for around 2 hours or overnight)

Great lower calorie snack. You could add some fruit, natural peanut butter, and a scoop of whey protein (I prefer MTS Nutrition - Peanut Butter Fluff flavor) to make it thicker and also more filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment