Friday, June 13, 2014

The Boom Shirt

If you saw on the LiftingDad Facebook page yesterday, I posted a picture of my son with IFBB
Pro Fred Smalls (The pic on the right, Liams the little one). My wife told me Liam (my son) and Fred had a wonderful conversation about shoes and facebook (serious). Fred was very welcoming and I sincerely appreciate that, shoutout to Fred! They also snapped a few pictures, one shot is of my son doing a "boom". It all started with a shirt.

So, let's back up just slightly to explain how we got to the shirt. See instagram is changing people into selfie machines. I thought it was a bit over the top as I like to keep things under wraps. You will rarely, if ever, see me posing in front of a mirror (well, in public). I just don't do it. I don't take a lot of pictures of myself, however due to instagram, I have been taking a few selfies. Ok, now about the shirt.

I'm in the bathroom (aka instagram photography studio) and about to take a selfie. Liam bursts in, and the following conversation took place:

Liam: "daddy I have to pee"
Me: "Ok buddy, we knock before we bust into the bath..." <--did not get to finish my statement
Liam: "I like your shirt, you got muscles"
Me: "Thank you buddy, it's daddy's workout shirt with no sleeves"
Liam: "Can I have a shirt like you?"

After I cut the sleeves off of a shirt of his I told him to flex. Since he interprets what he sees me doing, it didn't quite look right. He kind of looked like he was about to block a punch. I showed him how to flex and for some reason I said, "You have to flex like this... Boom!"
He flexed and said "boom" everytime, and that's when the boom began. Now if I toss on a cutoff shirt, he asks if he can wear a "boom shirt" too. He is now letting people know he has strong muscles too. 

If you happen to see us out and about and you are wearing any clothing that is sleeveless, do not be surprised if he asks if you want to do a "boom".

I love you buddy.... BOOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment